Botox is a great way to fight signs of aging, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and making your face feel smooth. It is a safe and a relatively painless procedure, which can also be used to treat a number of health concerns such as eye twitches, migraines, and muscle spasms.
Despite the many benefits of Botox, many are still having second thoughts on getting the treatment. This is mainly because of the following myths and fears:
- It is only for the old people. Many adults (mid-20s to 30s) today are considering a non-invasive treatment like Botox for improving facial posture that can cause lines and wrinkles. This is called preventative Botox, which is also known for stopping wrinkles before they start. The treatment can also reverse some fine lines and prevent them from growing or developing.
- Botox is not affordable. When Botox first became available, the prices didn’t suit the budget of average patients. Now, it’s available at a different price range. The treatment is also available in most cities, and the costs vary depending on the clinic’s location, as well as the experience of the doctor or injector.
- It can make you look plastic or expressionless. Experienced Botox injectors or aesthetic doctors know the right amount units to inject to produce a natural and not plastic-looking result. Clarity Skin and other Botox clinics in Salt Lake also note that the treatment can smooth your wrinkles and skin, but it cannot dramatically change the appearance of your face.
- Once you start, you can never stop. Many think that stopping Botox can make you look older. This isn’t entirely true, as you can decide to stop the treatment if you want to. The result is gradually losing the relaxing effect of Botox, which will cause your face to go back its previous condition.
- It has a lot of side effects. When properly used, it has almost no side effects. Keep in mind that Botox is safe, so you won’t have to worry about the treatment causing infection in your body. Fine needles are also used to avoid bruising.
You don’t truly have to fear Botox. If you’re considering this treatment, visit an aesthetic clinic to find out more about the procedure, as well as the things you can expect.